Welcome to the family: the new Caddy California
The youngest member of the California family can turn every day into an adventure, without the required planning. With the versatility of a family van and the comfort of a compact campervan, the Caddy California is able to switch from one mode to the other in a matter of moments. Transform with the folding rear bed and easiliy stowable folding table and chairs. It’s the perfect blend for the modern adventurer. The most challenging thing is figuring out where to go.Book a Test Drive
Feel at home anywhere
Relax under the stars with sweeter dreams in the rear folding bed. Regardless of the bed position, disc springs installed under the mattress ensure maximum sleeping comfort. The spacious and comfortable rear bed measures 1980 mm x 1070 mm and offers you plenty of space plus don't forget the extra storage under the bed. When combined with the optional panoramic sunroof, you can lie back and take it easy.
The ultimate travel companon
More comfortable living
In the new Caddy California, you can enjoy a truly cosy atmosphere during a stopover or at your destination: easily fitted curtains protect against unwanted glances from outside and dimmable lights in the interior create an even cosier atmosphere. Thanks to the warm white light, you enjoy pleasant lighting combined with good illumination of the living area.
Commute in comfort
More practical seating
Ideally stowed and quickly assembled. The new Caddy California makes life comfortable for you: a storage bag underneath the bed surface contains two folding chairs and a folding table. Now, you always have a seat with you and can stop and enjoy a good meal even more. Afterwards, you can safely stow the camping furniture and get back on the road.
Explore the coast and beyond
Drive and experience
The interior of the Caddy California has been completely redesigned with a new digital dash. A multifunction steering wheel plus direct shortcut buttons allows for access to a range of menu functions. The Caddy California also comes with rear ventilation and a new seating concept: the seats in the second row can be removed quickly and easily, providing you with even storage space in a matter of moments.
Everything at a glance
Clear, high-contrast images appear on the display in the Digital Cockpit, which has a 25.4 cm diagonal screen measurement. The driver can choose between any two different screen configurations.
When it comes to technology and equipment, the exterior of the Caddy California – which can house up to five seats – stands out due to a number of new features. These include the optional large panoramic roof that stretches across the first and second row of seats. New alloy wheels in sizes up to 18 inches as well as new LED headlights and LED tail light clusters.
Driver assistance systems
Automatically enhanced comfort and safety
With the state-of-the-art driver assistance systems in the new Caddy California, you can sit back and enjoy every journey: thanks to the Forward Collision Warning with Pedestrian and Cyclist Monitoring, Lane Assist and Adaptative Cruise Control you will always be on the safe side.
The Caddy California Variants
Features of Caddy California
- 7-Speed DSG
- Front Assist with Autonomous Emergency Braking
- Side, Curtain & Centre Airbags in 1st Row
- Curtain Airbags in Rear Compartment
- Lane Keep Assist
- Front & Rear Park Distance Control & Rear View Camera
- Adaptive Cruise Control
- Digital instrument cluster
- Keyless start
- 10” Discover Media Navigation Infotainment
- Folding bed, camping table and 2X camping chairs
- 17” Colombo Alloys
- Built in Storage compartments
Disclaimer by Volkswagen
- 1. The information provided on the Volkswagen New Zealand website is for information purposes only
- 2. A Volkswagen New Zealand reserves the right to extend, withdraw or change all offers *Prices are shown in New Zealand dollars, include GST and exclude on road costs
- 3. Weekly finance price is subject to change due to interest rates*. Please see the full terms and conditions for Volkswagen Finance for more information. www.volkswagen.co.nz/finance
- 4. Fuel consumption is based on the combined fuel consumption figure
- 5. International models might be shown for illustrative purposes only, and New Zealand specifications may vary
- 6. Some colours in these images are not available in New Zealand, the product guide contains the correct colours available to the New Zealand market
- 7. Additional and optional accessories may have an effect on fuel efficiency. Optional accessories and add-on packages are available at an additional cost
- 8. App-Connect is compatible for selected apps with the latest smartphone versions of iOS and Android, active data service, and connection cable (sold separately)
- 9. Safety technologies are designed to assist the driver, but should not be used as a substitute for safe driving practices
- 10. Leather appointed seats have a combination of genuine and artificial leather, but are not wholly leather