The elegant form of efficiency
Discover the new standard-setting electric car. With powerful performance and a flowing silhouette, the new ID.5 successfully achieves a modern symbiosis of SUV and coupé with all the power and elegance of an electric vehicle.
100% Electric SUV
Reserve your ID now
Step into the all‑new 100% electric ID.5 for only $77,990 drive away. With enviable 530km maximum range2, a 150kW powertrain and 77kWh battery the all‑new ID.5 will get you to where you’re going and beyond.
Elegant exterior coupé design
The new ID.5 impresses with a futuristic form that combines the strengths of an SUV with the aerodynamic silhouette of a coupé – without any compromises.
Intelligent charging and range of 485 km
Cruise through your day with confidence. The ID.5’s impressive range allows you to drive on and on while maintaining zero CO2 emissions. The ID.5 charges its 77 kWh battery quickly and intelligently, taking the electric car an astonishing 485km without sacrificing performance.
Spacious interior design
The intelligently and generously designed open-space interior offers you more freedom and room for everything that is important to you.
Design & Conveniences
Take a look for yourself at the new ID.5
Autonomous Emergency Brake
Forward Collision Warning
Front Assist (Autonomous Emergency braking assistant with Pedestrian & Cyclist Monitoring) can help reduce the severity of an accident or, ideally avoid the accident in the event of a collision threat. It can detect pedestrians and vehicles on the road and warn the driver in time. If the driver does not react the system can initiate emergency braking.*
* Within the limits of the system. The driver must be in control of the car at all times and is not relieved of their responsibility to drive the car carefully.
Lane Keeping Assist
Keep your passengers safe
Lane Assist counter-steers the vehicle if the driver unintentionally drifts from a lane. The system also emits audible and visual warnings via the multi-function display to alert the driver of danger.
Area View Monitor (360 View Camera)
Side Assist (Blind Spot Monitor & Rear Cross Traffic Alert)
Side Assist (Blind Spot Monitor) uses a light signal to warn you if there’s a vehicle you might not be able to see. Helping to keep you and your family safe on the road.
And for tricky parking situations, Rear Cross Traffic Alert lets you know if potential hazards are approaching from the side.
Adaptive Cruise Control (360 View Camera)
Adaptive Cruise Control
The Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) is by far one of the most useful driver assistance systems. You simply specify your maximum speed and the system helps you to adhere to it and not exceed it, within limits of the system. Also, a minimum distance is automatically maintained between you and the vehicle in front, within the limits of the system.
Features of ID.5 PRO
- ID.5 PRO - Coming soon
- ID.5 PRO+ - Coming soon
Features of ID.5 PRO
- ID. Exclusive 19" HAMAR Alloy Wheel
- Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB)
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
- Lane Keeping Assist & Blind Spot Monitor
- Area View Monitor
- Drive Mode Select
- ID.5 Exclusive exterior treatment
- ID. exclusive "Twist & Go" function
- Standard LED Headlights
- 10" 'Ready 2 Discover' Infotainment System
- 30-Colour Ambient Lighting
- Wireless Charging
- Heated front seats and steering wheel
Features of ID.5 PRO+
- Additional to ID.5 PRO
- 20" Drammen Alloy Wheel
- 'IQ.Light' Matrix LED Headlights
- LED Front Light Bar
- Automatic High Beam Control
- 3D LED Taillights with Dynamic indicators
- Power adjustable front seats with Memory & Massage function
- 3-Zone Climatronic Air Conditioning
- Premium Sound System including Digital Amplifier and Subwoofer
- 1. The information provided on the Volkswagen New Zealand website is for information purposes only
- 2. Volkswagen New Zealand reserves the right to extend, withdraw or change all offers *Prices are shown in New Zealand dollars, include GST and exclude on road costs
- 3. Fuel consumption is based on the combined fuel consumption figure
- 4. International models might be shown for illustrative purposes only, and New Zealand specifications may vary
- 5. Some colours in these images are not available in New Zealand, the product guide contains the correct colours available to the New Zealand market
- 6. Additional and optional accessories may have an effect on fuel efficiency. Optional accessories and add-on packages are available at an additional cost
- 7. App-Connect is compatible for selected apps with the latest smartphone versions of iOS and Android, active data service, and connection cable (sold separately)
- 8. Safety technologies are designed to assist the driver, but should not be used as a substitute for safe driving practices
- 9. Leather appointed seats have a combination of genuine and artificial leather, but are not wholly leather
- 10. Vehicle availabilty will vary acros Volkswagen range, please stay in the know with delivery timelines.
- 11. ^NZ Gov't. Clean Car rebate/fee may apply. Check here