Double the driving pleasure. The Golf GTE.
We have amplified the GTI's explosive DNA you love by adding our advanced plug-in hybrid technology. Bring on the heart-racing Golf thrills you know, now with an electric experience.Book a Test Drive
Exterior & Interior
The highlight for your Golf GTE: LED Headlights
The LED Plus headlights' dynamic design is standard on every Golf GTE, with striking LED tail light clusters that leave a lasting impression.
Exterior ambient lighting
A showcase of light projections
When unlocking your Golf GTE, the lights on the headlights, tail light clusters, and radiator grille will illuminate as you approach. The door handle recesses will also light up, and a welcoming light will be projected onto the ground from the exterior mirror.
Guaranteed to turn heads
Nothing shapes the side view of a vehicle better than the wheels. Fitted as standard with the dynamic 18" Bakersfield Alloy wheels.
^Leather appointed seats have a combination of genuine and artificial leather, but are not wholly leather
Styling in GTE signature blue
The front premium sport seats feature durable fabric in Scale Paper design. The hallmark blue accents of the GTE design can be seen on both the leather steering wheel and complementary textile floor mats.
Interior ambient lighting
Switch up the mood
Immerse the interior of your Golf GTE in your favourite colour. With indirect light, the ambient lighting creates an atmosphere unique to you:
- 30 different colours
- Dash panel, centre console, footwell and front and rear doors have illuminated accents
- The selected colour is transferred to the digital displays
Connectivity & Infotainment
Wireless Mobile Conenctivity
Stay connected on the road
Wireless Apple CarPlay & Android Auto automatically connects to your Golf GTE, making every experience feel more connected and effortless. Plus, wireless charging (Qi enabled devices) will keep your smartphone charged up while on the go.
Everything adapts to you
The Golf GTE will be the envy of all your friends with the all‑new digital cockpit. The centre 10" Discover Media Navigation Infotainment System is your access point to customise everything you need in your vehicle. The Active Info Display 'Pro' (10.25" configurable driver display) brings an expanded range of innovative technology and state-of-the-art connectivity. Both screens link into the GTE's built-in Satelite Navigation system, ensuring you are getting where you need to go.
Information in your line of sight
Stay informed while keeping your eyes on the road with the head-up display in your Golf GTE. Part of the windscreen serves as a projection surface, showing your speed, driver assist system messages, or navigation instructions. The display remains legible even with direct sunlight and can be easily turned off whenever desired.
Technology & Performance
Charging station and electric motor range
Get further than you think with one battery charge
Easily charge your electric motor's battery using a standard domestic socket. It takes approximately 7 hours & 30 minutes at 1.7 kW to fully charge the battery, providing a maximum electric range of 60km1. Alternatively, with an optional wall box or public charging station the battery can be fully charged in under 4 hours at 3.6 kW.
Combined power (boost)
The “boost” for a package of power
Experience full power using the Boost function, where the electric motor works with the TSI direct injection petrol engine, giving you short-term access to extra torque.
Switch by wire gearbox
No more gear changes, but no less fun
Experience uninterrupted driving pleasure with the Switch by wire gearbox and its new compact selector lever to choose your desired driving mode. Seamlessly shift gears, and allows for more interior design freedom.
- 1. The information provided on the Volkswagen New Zealand website is for information purposes only
- 2. Volkswagen New Zealand reserves the right to extend, withdraw or change all offers *Prices are shown in New Zealand dollars, include GST and exclude on road costs
- 3. Fuel consumption is based on the combined fuel consumption figure
- 4. International models might be shown for illustrative purposes only, and New Zealand specifications may vary
- 5. Some colours in these images are not available in New Zealand, the product guide contains the correct colours available to the New Zealand market
- 6. Additional and optional accessories may have an effect on fuel efficiency. Optional accessories and add-on packages are available at an additional cost
- 7. App-Connect is compatible for selected apps with the latest smartphone versions of iOS and Android, active data service, and connection cable (sold separately)
- 8. Safety technologies are designed to assist the driver, but should not be used as a substitute for safe driving practices
- 9. Leather appointed seats have a combination of genuine and artificial leather, but are not wholly leather
- 10. Vehicle availabilty will vary acros Volkswagen range, please stay in the know with delivery timelines.
- 11. ^NZ Gov't. Clean Car rebate/fee may apply. Check here