Limitless freedom on four wheels
Sleeping under the stars. Being awakened by the soothing rushing of the sea in the morning. Discovering foreign lands and yet still feeling at home: the California is pure freedom. With its comfortable interior and well thought-out details, it transforms every trip into an unforgettable adventure. Savour your independence and travel wherever you want to. With everything you need at your fingertips.Book a Test Drive
California 6.1 Coming soon
Hit the road this summer with the travel companion of your dreams in the new California 6.1. With a range of new colours and styling adding to its head turning looks, you wont go unnoticed.
Sleeping for four. Pop top roof. Compact size
You could say not much’s changed since the 70s. But it has (man). We’ve added all the creature comforts you’d expect in a modern motorhome, like a fully fitted kitchen, cozy beds, masses of storage and premium finishing. So go on, say goodbye to hippy-ness and hello happiness.
Sets up beds in seconds
After a long day exploring, there's nothing better than returning to your new California to take things easy. The California Ocean's interior transforms with an electric roof and easy fold down seats to sleep four adults quickly and easily.
Your home away from home
As you'd expect, the Ocean includes everything that you'll need - stainless steel sink, two burner stove, temperature controlled cool/warm box plus many more amazing features.
A fully equipped kitchen
A whole world in the kitchen
Homemade burgers or fresh fish from the sea: in the California, you can try out your kiwi favourites in your very own kitchen. Equipped with a gas hob with two rings, a fridge to store your chilled goods and a sink to wash up
Perfect sleeping conditions
Sleep like you’re on your perfect holiday
There’s not always a hotel to stay at your favourite secret spots out on the road. Unless you have your own with you: with its spacious loft bed, the California offers you enough space and comfort to dream about your best holiday moments and fall asleep with the calming rushing of waves in your ears.
A home everywhere
Discover new hotspots, cultures and beaches every day. And yet always feel at home. The California is your home on the road. Its spacious interior provides plenty of room to spread yourself out. And plenty of space for your favourite cuddly toy or holiday reading. Cook, sleep, relax – just like at home. Only with the whole world at your doorstep
How to Cali:
Check out some of the quick tips on how to set up your Volkswagen California for the best experience.
Features & Model
Features of The California
- 150 kW maximum power
- 7.1L/100km fuel consumption
- 4 cylinder engine
- 7-speed DSG Transmission
- Four wheel drive
- 17-inch alloy wheels
- Elevating pop top roof and roof bed
- Sleeps four with self contained kitchen including 42L fridge
- Fresh water tank (approx. 30L)
Disclaimer by Volkswagen
- 1. The information provided on the Volkswagen New Zealand website is for information purposes only
- 2. A Volkswagen New Zealand reserves the right to extend, withdraw or change all offers *Prices are shown in New Zealand dollars, include GST and exclude on road costs
- 3. Weekly finance price is subject to change due to interest rates*. Please see the full terms and conditions for Volkswagen Finance for more information. www.volkswagen.co.nz/finance
- 4. Fuel consumption is based on the combined fuel consumption figure
- 5. International models might be shown for illustrative purposes only, and New Zealand specifications may vary
- 6. Some colours in these images are not available in New Zealand, the product guide contains the correct colours available to the New Zealand market
- 7. Additional and optional accessories may have an effect on fuel efficiency. Optional accessories and add-on packages are available at an additional cost
- 8. App-Connect is compatible for selected apps with the latest smartphone versions of iOS and Android, active data service, and connection cable (sold separately)
- 9. Safety technologies are designed to assist the driver, but should not be used as a substitute for safe driving practices
- 10. Leather appointed seats have a combination of genuine and artificial leather, but are not wholly leather